Canberra has everything you need for a glamorous nightlife. The city offers authentic beer gardens, jazz bars, secret pubs and lounge bars. There are a plethora of clubs and bars that have special discounts for students, making it easy on the pocket. Don’t believe us? Get the full scoop here!
1. Uni Pub: A great place for students, Uni Pub has plenty on offer. There is a pool bar, dance floor, bar and grill, and a more sophisticated lounge area for those looking for some privacy. They also have a photo booth for playful times. The best part here, though are the $2.50 drink specials from 10-12pm each night. Planning your visit already? We hear ya!
2. Milk Crate Bar: This humbly named bar serves a lot more than milk and coffee. A small bar on the Marcus Clarke Street, this is a cool haven during summer and a toasty hideout in winter. The menu is very playful with dishes like Borek Fast, a Turkish Borek, Cured Salmon Burger and delectable salads like Pulled Shank Salad with roasted potatoes and candied pecans. Go here for a playful date with your special one!
3. Cube: A premium gay nightclub in Canberra, the Cube is all sorts of fun. There are dance poles, mirror lights, and mirror posts for you to truly have a night to remember. Want to know the best part? If you enter before 10 PM, your entry is free. And even if you are a little late, the cover charge is pretty cheap. Their famous combo is $30 for two drinks of your choice. Never mind if you’re gay or straight, this club plays music that will set you grooving.
4. Mint Garden Bar: Watch out for this intimate and classy bar on Batman Street. It offers an extensive range of Australian boutique tap beers, spirits and cocktails as well as an elaborate, southern wine list. They often host various exhibitions and local artists so you may experience something interesting when you visit. Don’t forget to try their lychee cider – we hear it’s amazing!
5. Wig and Pen Tavern: If you are a connoisseur of authentic Australian beer and cider, this place is your heaven on earth. The Wig and Pen Tavern serve feature local wines, an excellent selection of spirits as well as 16 taps of delicious beer brewed in their own brewery. The food includes burgers, bangers and mash, and cheese platters. Drop by after a long day to sip on some local beer with a side of cheesy burgers. You won’t be disappointed.
We at University Living provide accommodation to students who go abroad to pursue their dreams. Contact us to find your perfect student housing today.
Leave a Reply